Say “Guten Tag” to Alexa
Amazon Echo just arrived in Germany and Austria, and Yonomi is here to help welcome Alexa into your home. Yonomi is a native skill where you can ask Alexa to run any of your Routines that manage your favourite devices such as Logitech Harmony, Sonos and LIFX bulbs. The key phrase to say is: “Alexa, turn on [Routine Name]”
Here’s how to setup the Yonomi skill in the Alexa app:
- Launch the Alexa App
- Tap on menu > Smart Home > Yonomi
- Tap “Enable Skill” and then sign into your Yonomi account
- Say “Alexa, discover devices” or tap “Discover devices” within the Smart Home tab of the Alexa app.
- NOTE: If you change a Routine name or create a new one, you will need to run discovery again.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS IN GERMANY AND AUSTRIA:
Whatever language (English or German) you setup your Alexa to understand, you must create Routine and Device names in that same language. For example, if Alexa is setup to understand German, you would trigger the Routine “Television” (Fernesher) by saying “Alexa, schalte Fernseher an” And if Alexa is setup to understand English then the phrase would be “Turn on Television.”
Here are a couple of phrases you can use to activate Routines:
“Alexa, schalte [Routine Name] ein”
“Alexa, schalte [Routine Name] an”
You can also create a second Routine Name with the English word “off” to turn off Routines and devices.
- Build a Routine “Fernseher” to switch on the TV.
- Say to Alexa: “Schalte Fernseher an” to run it.
- Build another Routine “Fernseher off” to switch off the TV.
- Say to Alexa “Schalte Fernseher aus” to run it.
To learn more about Routine and device control with Alexa, check out: Tips and Tricks to Get More out of Amazon Echo
Like the new skill? Review us in the Alexa app