Hey Alexa, Meet Yonomi
It’s almost as monumental as when Harry met Sally or when Luke met his father. The most powerful connected home app meets the most powerful voice command assistant. Your connected home experience didn’t just go to the next level, it went to the stratosphere!
Yonomi now plays well with Amazon Echo
Ask Alexa to run your Routines and control any of your Devices. Alexa becomes the ultimate multi-tasker thanks to Yonomi managing several devices at once.
Don’t have Alexa in your home yet? Buy an Amazon Echo
Have Alexa run your routines:
No need to pull out your phone or even locate your phone for that matter. Alexa can work with Yonomi to run any of your Routines. The key phrase to say is: “Alexa, turn on [Routine Name]”
Alexa, turn on Movie Night
- LIFX bulbs dim
- Logitech Harmony Hub starts your TV Movie activity
- Sonos pauses the music
- Schlage Connect locks the door
- Nest makes the room a bit more cozy
Alexa, turn on Kids’ Bedtime
- Philips Hue lights in the kids’ room dim
- Nest adjusts to the perfect temp
- Sonos puts on a nighttime playlist
- WeMo Insight night light turns on
Alexa, turn on my Morning Motivation
- Nest adjusts the temperature
- WEMO Mr. Coffee starts brewing
- Sonos announces the weather
- Sonos turns on your Morning Music
The possibilities are endless…
Alexa can also manage certain individual devices you have set up in Yonomi outside of your Routines.
- Alexa, turn on/turn off Sonos (play/pauses whatever music is cued)
- Alexa, turn on Apple TV (taps into Logitech Harmony)
- Alexa, turn on WeMo Mr. Coffee
- Alexa, turn on/off or set Quirky Aros
Here’s how to setup the Yonomi skill in the Alexa app:
- Launch the Alexa App
- Tap on menu > Smart Home > Yonomi
- Tap “Enable Skill” and then sign into your Yonomi account
- Say “Alexa, discover devices” or tap “Discover devices” within the Smart Home tab of the Alexa app.
NOTE: If you change a Routine name or create a new one, you will need to run discovery again.
You may also want to check out: Tips and Tricks to Get More out of Amazon Echo
Along with the Amazon Echo, Yonomi plays well with over 60 of the most popular devices. They no longer have to run independently in multiple apps. An action taken with one device, can trigger a sequence of actions of your other devices, making your connected home simpler and more comfortable.
If you do not have Yonomi yet, get started. Simply download the free Yonomi app from Google Play or the App Store. Yonomi will take you through the setup process to discover all your devices and help you connect them.
Are you a developer? Device manufacturer? Learn more about the Yonomi Platform and our IoT solutions for Amazon Alexa and the smart home by clicking below.