You Can Now Do More With Alexa and Yonomi!
As one of the first smart home skills on Alexa, Yonomi has been making it possible to control your smart home devices and add additional functionality to Alexa's existing smart home prowess for nearly two years.
Over that time, Alexa itself has continued to get smarter and incorporate new features to allow smart home services like Yonomi to provide a better experience than was possible before.
To take advantage of Alexa's latest smart home features, we have completely updated the Yonomi Alexa skill for 2018. Click below to enable the Yonomi skill on your Alexa account, and read on to learn more about all the exciting new features!
Thanks to Alexa's expanded smart home functionality, we've been able to improve the way your Yonomi Routines are presented and activated within the Alexa mobile app.
- Your Yonomi Routines will now appear under "Scenes" in the Smart Home section of your Alexa app—rather than under "Devices"—for a more intuitive experience.
- You will now be able to add entire Yonomi Routines to your Alexa routines! Combine the best of Alexa's voice skills with the best of Yonomi into a single voice command.
In addition to these changes, the new update will also remove some of the previous functionality—most notably the ability to directly control devices will no longer be supported by the Yonomi Alexa skill. Only commands that relate directly to a Yonomi Routine will be understood and completed by our Alexa skill.
If you would like to control a single connected device using the Yonomi skill, create new Routines with your favorite Yonomi-compatible devices (e.g. "Harmony Hub On") and activate those using Alexa voice commands.
Try Combining Your Yonomi and Alexa Routines!
With our updated Yonomi Alexa skill, you can add entire Yonomi Routines to your Alexa routines. This is the best way to take advantage of your favorite Alexa features—like Flash Briefings, weather reports, and streaming audio—with Yonomi's smart home automation with a single command.
"Alexa, Start my day!"
What better way to improve your daily habits than a brand new morning routine! Use the format below to add a wake up Yonomi Routine to your morning Alexa routine.
- Create a Yonomi Routine called "Good Morning" that gently turns on your LIFX and Philips Hue bulbs, turns up your ecobee thermostat, and switches on the TP-Link plug connected to your coffee maker
- Open up the Alexa app on your mobile phone and navigate to the Routines section from the main menu
- Create a new Alexa routine called "Alexa, Start my day"
- Click Add action > Smart Home > Control scene > "Good Morning" to add the Yonomi Routine you created above to your Alexa routine
- Make sure your "Good Morning" Yonomi Routine is the first action listed. Now add other actions you want Alexa to perform when you start your day! "Report weather," "Report traffic," and "Play the news from your Flash Briefing," are all popular actions that Alexa can add to your daily routine.
Now with a single command, you're ready to get out of bed and conquer the world. "Alexa, Start my day!"
For more information about our Alexa skill and to activate it on your Amazon Echo or other Alexa-enabled device, visit our download page. You can also browse all of the devices that are compatible with Yonomi, like Sonos, Philips Hue, LIFX, Nest, ecobee, Schlage, TP-Link, Wemo, and more by visiting our supported devices page.