How to Set Up Alexa on Sonos One
What is the Sonos One?
The Sonos One is the first voice-controlled smart speaker from Sonos. The Sonos One features the same critically-acclaimed sound that fans of the PLAY:1 have come to love with the power of Amazon Alexa. Anything Alexa can do, the Sonos One can do, adding an exciting new experience to you Sonos Sound System.
How to Set Up Your Sonos One Speaker
- To start, plug your Sonos One into the wall using the included power cord. Wait about one minute for the speaker to power up and you see a green flashing light.
- Download and install the Sonos app on your mobile device
- Open up the Sonos app and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your new Sonos system. To add your Sonos One to an existing Sonos system, tap More > Settings > Add a Player or SUB. If you're using the Desktop app, you'll find "Add a Player or SUB" under the Manage menu.
- Once your speaker is set up, you're ready to enable Amazon Alexa!
How to Set Up Alexa on Your Sonos One
- In the Sonos app, tap "Add Amazon Alexa" under the Browse tab. Or, go to the More tab and tap Voice Services > Amazon Alexa
- Tap "Connect your Amazon Account" and log into your Amazon account or set up a new account.
- You will be able to test basic Alexa commands to make sure it is working properly. Try asking Alexa the time by saying, "Alexa, what time is it?"
- Download and install the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Back in the Sonos app, tap on "Enable the Sonos skill" to set up the Sonos Alexa Skill. Or, go to the Alexa app and search for "Sonos" to enable.
- To begin listening to music using Alexa, tap on "Verify music services on Alexa". The following music services are currently supported: Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Pandora (US-only), iHeartRadio (US-only), and SiriusXM (US-only).
How to add Yonomi Routines to Your Sonos One
- To begin controlling your entire smart home using Amazon Alexa and your Sonos One, install the Yonomi app on your mobile device
- Next, enable the Yonomi Alexa Skill by opening the Alexa app or going to http://alexa.amazon.com and searching "Yonomi".
- Once the Yonomi Alexa Skill is enabled, you can control any Yonomi Routine or any supported device using the sound of your voice. "Alexa, turn on my TV!"
- To edit or create Routines, or change the names you use for your devices, go back to the Yonomi app in your mobile phone.